Barry Bannan is expected to return to action in the latest round of fixtures in the Championship this weekend after serving a club suspension for a fracas in the hotel he was stay at last week.
The midfielder was suspended and fined alongside former Crystal Palace player Neil Danns after an incident sparked a number of complaints to manager Neil Lennon at a hotel linked with Bolton’s Macron Stadium, where Bannan has been saying since moving to the club on loan in February.
Speaking to the Bolton News, former Celtic and current Bolton Wanderers manager Neil Lennon said that the pair have served their time for the incident and they will be starting from fresh and could feature on Monday against Bournemouth.
“They are back in training now,” Lennon said. “Missing the weekend was punishment and they’ve been heavily fined as well.
“I think sometimes when you fine players it doesn’t hurt them enough, you need to go a little bit further.
“The fact they weren’t involved in the squad really hurt them, so the line has been drawn. It has been dealt with and we’ll put a line through it now.”
Lennon has expressed that their attitude has been as expected since the incident, showing their remorse for what happened and apologising to those affected. The pair were fined two weeks wages and warned about their future conduct.
“No question they’ve been very contrite, which you’d expect from them because at the end of the day they are two good boys,” said the Northern Irishman.
“I don’t want to over-kill it. We’ve dealt with it internally as best we can. Obviously it went out in the public domain and some people will have their opinions on it but you can’t keep beating them over the head with the same stick.
“I think the suspension was enough and the fine will be the maximum required for that behaviour, and that’s it. I don’t think they’ll do it again, put it that way.”





