Crystal Palace have today confirmed the signing of Connor Wickham from Sunderland on a five-year-deal for an undisclosed fee.
BREAKING: #CPFC are delighted to announce the signing of @ConnorWickham10 on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee. pic.twitter.com/g1pY9h6neV
— Crystal Palace F.C. (@CPFC) August 3, 2015
The 22-year-old arrives at Selhurst Park with plenty of Premier League experience under his belt, scoring 18 goals over the past two seasons. In the Black Cats’ successful quest of staying in the Premier League, Wickham played a vital role.
At youth level, Wickham featured for the England national team, winning the UEFA European Under-17 competition, where he was named as Player of the Tournament. For the Under-21’s, he has also made 17 appearances, bagging himself six goals.
Speaking to the Crystal Palace website, Wickham said:
“I spoke to the gaffer last week and he said all the right things about the club and I’ve got friends here who also told me some very good things. I looked at the team before I arrived here and the signings that have been brought in, and the potential to score goals and the chances that could be created was a massive influence. Hopefully I can add to that talent and make the squad stronger. I think I needed the fresh start, I had four years up north and it’s been a bit stop-start. Now I’ve come back home and I can settle down and see my family a bit more and hopefully let my football do the talking.”
Wickham joins the growing list of players who have made the switch to play their football at Selhurst Park, joining Yohan Cabaye, Patrick Bamford and Alex McCarthy. What Read Crystal Palace want to know is who YOU think is the player that’ll have the most impact on our season? Let us know in the comments below!





